News about the project and more
- GBR, Lateral Ridge Augmentation, Implant-assisted removable partial denture
Three interesting studies about Guided Bone Regeneration, Lateral ridge augmentation, and implant-assisted removable partial dentures.
- Inferior alveolar nerve block ineffective: solution?
Have you ever faced a situation where you gave an inferior alveolar nerve block and it seemed to be effective, but when you start reflecting a flap, the patient experienced pain?
- A mystery implant from Brazil?
I need to remove the crown cemented on this implant because it is loose. The implant was placed in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Soft tissue dehiscence after uncovery: recommendations?
I scheduled the patient for impressions. After 1 week, the patient has come back for the impressions, and I see bone is visible on the lingual side of the healing abutments, though threads are not visible.
- Peri-implant bone density: immediate vs delayed placement?
This study evaluated the effects of the different loading protocols (immediate, early, and delayed) on the resultingPeri-implant bone density.
- Surgicel vs Actcel?
I have used Surgicel and found it to be very effective, but it is obviously significantly more expensive compared to Actcel.
- Using PRF in the treatment of dry socket?
I'd like to know if there are dentists out there who have tried placing PRF to actually treat a dry socket?
- Immediate Implant Placement in Molar Socket: any insight?
I am considering immediate placement of a fixture replacing tooth # 19. I have had 20+ years placing implants as a GP, but this will be my first immediate placement.
- Fracture of the porcelain or aesthetic veneer material: thoughts?
The most common complication for implant crowns and bridges is fracture of the porcelain or aesthetic veneer material.
- Exposure of threads after bone graft?
I recently uncovered an implant after about 3 months. About 1-2mm of the buccal threads were exposed.