- Implant in traumatic tooth case: options?
This case started with a traumatic tooth. Months after there is still no bone around apical third of implant.
- Reverse coronal taper for implants: your thoughts?
I recently have seen an implant which has reverse coronal taper at the top of implant and I am wondering what others think of them.
- Lower Anterior Implants: immediate insertion a possibility?
In this case, can I do an immediate insertion of implants following the extractions, to later support a 4-unit bridge?
- Implant positioning: your recommendation?
I am planning on placing implants in the upper left posterior quadrant where 25 and 27 are missing and with 26 and 28 grossly decayed.
- Purulent discharge and radiolucent area around implant: Advice?
I placed an implant at area 32 with bone graft. Saw patient after 18 days and there is purulent discharge and a radiolucent area around the implant.
- Alveolar canal extension: risk probability with implants?
In this mandible, especially on the right side, there is an a typical extension of the inferior alveolar nerve. What is the risk of placing implants thru this?
- Impression copings for Straumann tissue level implants: any issues?
Has anyone had either good or bad experiences trying to take an impression of Straumann tissue level implants using Straumann impression copings?
- Indirect sinus lift: Opinions?
I recently placed a 4.5×11.5mm implant in the 16 region using an indirect closed sinus lift technique. This is my first time using this technique and I'd like opinions on the result.
- Atrophic maxilla: Recommendations?
I just received this panoramic X ray and I would like to hear your opinion. I don't perform zygomatic implants and the patient does not want this kind of procedure.
- Short Implants vs Sinus Augmentation
Two clinical approaches suggested in the posterior maxilla presenting with limited alveolar bone height are either sinus augmentation with standard dental implants or short implants.