- Abscess like formation in implant zone: how would you proceed?
6 weeks into treatment patient presented abscess like formation in one of the implant zones. Do I need to explant ?
- Can a stroke affect the fit of a fixed implant bridge?
I treatment planned a patient for extraction of his remaining maxillary teeth, temporary restoration with a complete denture and final restoration with an implant supported full arch zirconia bridge. Could a stroke cause any changes to affect the fit of both bridges?
- Sterile Saline Shortage for Irrigation of Osteotomy: Ideas?
I’m interested to know what others are doing in response to the shortage of sterile saline bags for irrigation during drilling of the osteotomy. It seems that sterile saline in bags has become impossible to find.
- Is a ridge split possible and predictable in this case?
I have a patient with minimal buccolingual horizontal bone width in the maxillary premolar area. Is a ridge split procedure or osseodensification advisable in this case?
- Strategies for Extracting when Roots Curved Towards Buccal?
Not specific to one case, but I was wondering how you deal with extracting teeth with roots that are curved bucco-lingually? It seems most of our instruments are all designed to deal with root curvature mesial-distally.
- Implant supported denture while implant integrates?
I have treatment planned a patient for extraction of non-restorable #2, which has served as an abutment for a maxillary RPD. What do we do in the interim while the implants are integrating to the bone?
- Long term Stability of Cantilevered Bridge on Implants in Maxillary Posterior?
I have a patient with a narrow maxillary ridge in maxillary left first premolar, second premolar and first molar areas. I am thinking of making a 3-unit implant bridge with the first molar cantilevered off the splinted premolars.
- Biomechanical differences between screw-retained and cemented protheses?
I have heard that screw-retained crowns and bridges move the fulcrum to the bone level so they transmit more stress to the bone than cemented crowns and bridges. Is this true?
- Radio-opacity interference with implant success?
There is a radiopaque lesion in the site that a radiologist has diagnosed either as an enostosis or a retained root. Will this radiopaque lesion be a problem for the implants?
- Implant-Supported Bridge with Bone Loss: How would you treat this?
A new patient presented to my office with broken #3. She is 68 years old, healthy and has no active periodontal disease, even though bone loss is evident on the x-rays.